The icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help is renowned for many cures and miraculous responses to prayer. Its origins trace back to 1495 and the island nation of Crete in the Mediterranean. A merchant brought the icon to Rome where it remained in the Church of Saint Matthew for 300 years. Although the icon survived the 1798 French invasion of Rome, the church did not and the popularity of the devotion was lost. Pope Pius IX, familiar with the miraculous history of the icon from his youth, placed it in the custody of the Redemptorist Order at the church of St. Alphonsus. Our image comes as a fine art print under premium clear glass in an attractive gold solid wood frame or as an archival-quality giclée canvas in a beautiful gold and black museum frame. Handcrafted in Steubenville, Ohio, this beloved image of Our Lady is sure to be treasured for generations to come.
~Sizes listed are of the image/glass only~